Wemyss is Hiring! June 12, 2020
Interested in a Marketing role? Think we could post better content?
Show us how it’s done – we’re hiring for the position of Digital Marketing and Design Assistant.
If you’re a driven, organised soul looking for a challenge and a strategic marketing role, this might be just the thing for you. Check out the full job listing below, or download the pdf here.
To apply, please email a CV in full to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions before applying, we welcome these to the same address or feel free to contact us on social media.
Full job listing:
Title: Digital Marketing and Design Assistant
Status: Permanent, full-time position
Company: Sekers Fabrics Limited & Wemyss Fabrics Limited
Location: Head Office, Dundee DD2
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Jointly owned, both Sekers and Wemyss are long-established brands supplying high end furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to their trade customers both in the UK and internationally for use in hospitality, leisure, marine and residential interior projects. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to grow and develop with a company by delivering a consistent marketing message across various platforms and assisting with product development for both brands.
Reporting to the Design Manager and Managing Directors, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Producing promotional material consistent with both brands’ styles
- Planning and implementing the social media strategy and campaigns
- Creating interesting content, including curating and creating all imagery
- Scheduling all content
- Managing and monitoring all social media platforms for each brand and responding to audiences accordingly
- Interacting with customers and dealing with customer inquiries for PR
- Create and send customer newsletters via MailChimp
- Analyse and report on website analytics and social media activity
- Update websites with new products, images, write copy and liaise with any outside sources
- Create photographic content as required and assist with any admin requirements for external photoshoots
- Assist design with product development including creating databases for all new collections,names and colour names
- Organise sample pattern books with suppliers ensuring all details are correct and launch deadlines are met
- Proofreading all pattern book information ensuring all names cross, references and spelling is correct
The successful candidate should have a degree level qualification in marketing or similar and have experience of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office. They should be self-motivated with good communication skills and a good team player with creative flair and an eye for aesthetic detail. The ability to work to deadlines, be well organised and the ability to plan are all attributes that will be required for this role. Occasional travel within the UK to attend trade shows and assess market trends will also be necessary.
An interest and affinity for textiles is desirable but not essential.